Here is the link to vimeo: https://vimeo.com/131688512
Nitsan works for Azul Systems and he has a blog named Psy-Lobotomy-Saw.
If you're into non-blocking queues then make sure not to miss out this video because it has lots of interesting facts.
Some of the topics he covers are:
- The difficulty in running proper benchmarks for lock-free queues. IMO the hardest to obtain is determinism.
- What is throughput on a queue? single-enqueue-single-dequeue or bursts?
- Throughput vs Latency.
- Benchmarking empty queues vs non-empty.
- Warmup on benchmarks.
- Memory Bounded (circular array or ring buffer) vs Memory Unbounded (singly-linked list).
- When can we discard the volatile keyword in Java Queues (hint: very rarely), and even some of the masters have made this mistake.
- False Sharing.